Get Free Brow, Ear or Nose Wax when you book a $75 service.
Full Body Waxing Services for Men in Calgary
Waxing is a very safe and effective, instantaneous, temporary hair removal treatment.
Waxing will NOT make the hair grow faster or become thicker. Regular waxing treatments can both reduce the density and diameter of the hair growth over time. For waxing to be effective, the hair must be at least 1/4 inch long. The entire body can be waxed safely with exception of the beard and head area. Laser hair removal is recommended for the beard area. The most common side effects from waxing include; slight redness of the skin up to an hour after treatment, ingrown hairs and bumps.
Aftercare is essential following waxing treatments. Specific products and care will be highly recommended by our expert staff for best treatment results and to prevent unwanted side effects as mentioned above.
Men’s Waxing Quick Facts
- The inner nose, upper face, ears, brows and genitals can be treated with Ease by an experienced practitioner
- Treatment results typically last from 2 to 4 weeks and should be repeated after that for best results
- Unlike shaving, which often causes itching and irritation as the hair grows back, waxed hair grows back very softly and usually does not cause the above symptoms
- Full body waxing treatments are performed regularly at Man Calgary and take approximately 2 to 3 hours
Men’s Waxing Frequently Asked Questions
What does the treatment feel like?
The method is very simple. First warm therapeutic wax is spread onto the area to be treated, in the direction of the hair growth. Then, a cotton wax strip is placed over the wax and is swiftly removed in the opposite direction. This leaves the skin unharmed and safely and temporarily extracts the hair follicles. Waxing treatments may cause minor discomfort while being preformed. Immediately following the treatment, there should be no discomfort whatsoever.
How do I prepare for a waxing treatment?
Firstly, DO NOT SHAVE OR TRIM THE AREA(S) TO BE TREATED. Approximately 3 weeks of hair growth is necessary for best results. Make sure the areas are clean and dry. Do not apply lotions or oils to the skin immediately prior to treatment. You can apply lotions the night before your treatment.
What body parts should be considered for waxing?
It is becoming a very popular trend for men to undergo hair removal treatments, at Man Calgary, on their entire bodies. Yes, from the neck down…Smooth Skin Is In!
The most popular areas are: brows, back, chest, genitals (including anal area). Deciding what areas to treat, is a very personal decision and there is no right or wrong answer. Our practitioners will be happy to advise you if you are not sure what areas to treat. Whatever your decision, waxing treatments are temporary and the hair will grow back in no time if you don’t like the hairless look.
Full Body Waxing Options and Pricing
Under Arms Wax – $25
Full Arms Wax – $60
Half Arms Wax – $40
Hands or Feet Wax – $25
Chest and Stomach Wax – $65
Brow Wax – $20
Inner Nose Wax – $30
Ears Wax – $30
Full Back Wax – $75
Full Legs Wax – $100
Half Legs Wax – $60
Buttocks Wax – $50
Manzillian Wax – $120
Full Body Wax – $500
Post Waxing Care
Possible expected side effects from waxing treatment are:
- Redness lasting an hour or more
- Skin tenderness and sensitivity lasting up to 24 hours after treatment
- Mild skin peeling (may be periodic)
- Bumps and ingrown hairs
Immediately following waxing treatment and up to a week or longer after treatment, please follow the suggestions listed below for best results:
- Keep the area clean and dry. to prevent any unwanted bacteria from entering the skin pores and follicles. Each hair follicle that has been extracted is somewhat like a tiny open wound and should be cared for as such
- Do not apply any lotions or oils to the treated areas for up to one week following treatment with exception of tea tree oil or tend skin
- Refrain from bathing, swimming and hot tubs for up to one week following treatment
- Avoid excessive sweating for up to one week following treatment
- Do not use bar soap when showering. Please use a non- scented body wash
- Do not exfoliate the skin for up to one week following treatment
- Apply Tend Skin liquid and/or Tea Tree oil to the treated areas once or twice per day for up to a week following waxing treatments. This will aid in preventing unwanted bumps and ingrown hairs (both products are available for purchase at Man Calgary)
- If you experience any unwanted or persistent side effects not listed above, or you have any questions, regarding post waxing care, please contact Man Calgary directly